Beginning in January 2021, the journal will provide almost instant gratification to the poets. The outline of how it will work follows:
- The submissions will be open all through the year.
- If a poem is accepted, we will post it online immediately with the comments from the editor.
- If your poem doesn’t appear online within a month, please consider it as rejected. We will not send out formal acceptance or rejection.
- It would be helpful to follow the blog to see the new poems as they are posted.
- At the end of the quarter, the journal will announce the publication of the quarterly issue. The quarterly issues will be released on March 30, June 30, September 30, and December 30 of each year.
We may hold occasional contests, and each contest will have separate guidelines posted if and when we hold a contest.
The primary motivation behind this policy is that I don’t particularly appreciate sending rejection letters. It is excruciating for me to write one. As a poet, I am also on the receiving end of such letters, and no matter how polite of encouraging it is or how valid the reasoning behind it, it is still a rejection, and there is no way to sugarcoat it.
Submit only one original, unpublished poem at a time. Send your poem to firstname.lastname@example.org in the body of the email with the subject “Submission”. Attachments will not be opened. Include the author’s name, address, telephone number, email address, and a 75-word third-person biography at the top. Also, include a short cover note in the email, it makes us feel connected. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please inform us as soon as it’s accepted elsewhere. You may submit as often as you like but wait for a month between submissions.
Publication Rights: The Literary Nest acquires First North American Serial Rights to published works.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.